NEW: Do you have a free minute or two this weekend? We've changed our application. Now, all you need to do is submit a short description of your best voice-activated technology in diabetes idea (no prototype or business plan necessary) for a chance to win $50,000 and an opportunity to bring you (or your team) one step closer to bringing your idea to life!
The 2017 HITLAB World Cup of Voice-Activated Technology in Diabetes presented by Novo Nordisk (the “Challenge”) is a competition to identify emerging technologies that use voice recognition and voice activation to support diabetes care and management. The purpose of the challenge is to bolster innovation and identify high-potential new technologies in an emerging, and quickly growing, segment of the digital health market that provide opportunity to benefit patients with diabetes.
The HITLAB World Cup is an international challenge of unparalleled diversity where innovators present original solutions to pressing global healthcare challenges. Innovators and entrepreneurs are invited to submit original ideas to improve healthcare access, delivery, and outcomes through technology. The international competition offers participants a high-profile stage to showcase their work, $75,000 in total prize money for winning solutions, as well as networking opportunities with thought leaders.
Finalists will present their ideas at the 2017 HITLAB Innovators Summit: New York on November 29, 2017 in New York City. The Summit will also feature talks, panels discussions, interviews and other collaboration opportunities.
The Challenge is open only to:
- Eligible individuals who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry and are legal residents of countries where such challenges are allowed by the laws of those countries (excluding the residents of Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria).
- Though contestants may be affiliated with larger organizations, for the Challenge a team of eligible individuals may not consist of more than three (3) individuals.
Contestants must submit a novel idea, technology solution or business concept that fulfills or mitigates the unmet needs of the type-2 diabetes community to 2017hitlabworldcup.devpost.com before the deadline of October 11, 2017 at 11:45 PM ET.
Ideas may be at any stage of development.
There is no cost to enter a submission.
- Contestants must complete and submit an application through the Challenge website.
- Although not required, contestants may submit a separate pitch summary, video, or an attachment in the form of an image, diagram or representative prototype.*
*Although attachments are not required, they may serve to better represent your idea, technology solution or business concept.
$75,000 in prizes
Runner Up Prize
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
How to enter
Registration begins on August 25th, 2017 at 4:00 PM ET.
- Register for the 2017 HITLAB World Cup of Voice-Activated Technology in Diabetes presented by Novo Nordisk on Devpost.
- Complete and submit the entire application by October 11th, 2017 11:45 PM ET.
- Finalists will be notified on October 23rd, 2017 if selected for the next round.
In case of technical difficulties, the contestants can contact email@example.com
Chair / HITLAB
Deputy Director, Ideation / HITLAB
Head of Creative / Google
Dr. Shailja Dixit
Chief Medical Officer and Head of Global Innovation / Sutherland Health Solutions
Winning entries will demonstrate an ability to effectively address the unmet needs of people with type-2 diabetes.
Proposals must delineate how the voice activate technology solution differs from current practice or services and technology available in the healthcare or consumer markets.
Submissions must provide evidence that the solution can be delivered to the marketplace in a sustainable business model.
Contestants (as individuals or teams up to three people) should demonstrate that the concept is feasible and show that they have the background and skills necessary to execute a business plan.
Quality of Work
Contestants should represent a cohesive team committed to providing a high standard of work.